- One 9” x 12” piece of white felt
- felt for candles (use whatever color your church uses - 3 purple, 1 pink, all purple, or all tan (beeswax)
- yellow felt
- green felt
- red felt
- four small pieces of Velcro for each flame
- 12” dowel rod
- ribbon or yarn
1. Trim scallops on one end of the felt. Fold the opposite end of the felt piece down 1” to make a casing for the dowel rod, then glue the casing seam.
2. Cut four “candles” - 4”-5” long and 1 ½” wide - from the desired color felt.
3. Cut four flame shapes from the yellow felt.
4. Cut 12 holly shape leaves from the green felt and 12 small circles (for berries) from the red felt.
5. Center and glue the candles on the white felt.
6. Glue one side of the Velcro to the back of each flame, then the other side of the Velcro to the banner above the candle.
7. Glue three holly leaves and berries to the bottom of each candle.
8. Each Sunday of Advent have a child attach a flame above the candle.
From: Before and After Christmas --By Debbie Trafton O’Neal