Graham Cracker Nativity
- 1 pound butter box (tape the open end of the box and cut in half - this will give you two boxes);
- sturdy paper plate
- graham crackers
- animal crackers
- cut-out star cookie
- E.L Fudge cookies or cut-out people cookies.
- Dye the coconut yellow by shaking yellow food coloring and the coconut in a resealable plastic bag until the coconut is entirely covered then pour onto flat surface to dry
- Frost all five sides of each box, and “glue” the box to the plate with frosting. Keep the open end facing forward. Attach graham crackers to the frosted sides.
- Add animal crackers to the inside and outside of the box nd a star on top, using fronting as your glue
- Build a manger with a glob of frosting, pretzels, and yellow coconut
- Add Mary and Joseph beside the manger using frosting as your glue
Doves are a Christian sign of peace. Make doves and send them to family and friends who may be experiencing stress and / or write the name of someone you feel needs peace and hang the doves in your home encouraging family members to pray for that individual.
- flat bottom coffee filters
- Copy the template (download it here)
- Fold 2 or 3 coffee filters in half
- Place the dove pattern on the coffee filter so the belly of the dove is on the crease of the fold
- Trace the pattern
- Cut out the doves and separate
The doves can also be taped to string and hung as a decoration.